Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Inception

Many of my freinds, most of them who i probabaly dont talk to much but for whom i have some sort of profound respect, blog every now n then. They arent addicted, or so frequent but they use this platform to reach out. I personally used to hate this very idea of blogging. Many a times i have come across celebrities doing the same. What i wondered was that has the world come to such a stage where you can't reach out in person? Is there no more time each one of us has to go out and talk to people to ineject ones ideas? Have people become more reacheable on orkut n facebook rather than for lunch or dinner at Kake da Dhaba? Technology seems to be over powering technology itself! There was a time i used to get surprise visits on my birthday from my freinds and relatives, which i truly savoured! Then came the time when I used to recieve letters and birthday cards in my posts, which used to excite me! That went onto phone calls from my people, who used to call me up and sing for me - yet a pleasure somehow. Then somehow all this changed onto mobile phones, making me accessible anytime anywhere. Then came down to text messages. People quit calling but dropped in a text out of courtesy! Though some may say, "Hey atleast i wished you!". What use is that? I wont even remember if you had wished me after two days. And now , eventually, it has so happened that people leave their messages on the network sites. So now i had to go and check my facebook to see how many people have wished me on my birthday! There was a time when I was never a part of any social networks, until my sister forced me on joining one, and yup, i realized i did come "back in contact" with people.
"contact"... hhhmmmmm..... i guess that term isnt used for tangibility now! The dictionaries should change the definitions!
In the end, I too have become a victim of this virus which is gradually killing the proximity which people once used to have. In the end, I feel like, I too am dying in this world with its expontentially growing technology. In the end, I too, have registered my self to "Blogspot" for my freinds and family to hear me out..... Is anyone listening????????

3 comments:

  1. i think in this fast paced life no one has time for anyone. people have become so much money minded that they even forget their family at some times.. i totally agree that there was a time when we used to get letters posted and there was some sort of excitement attached to that but these days an individual has become so much prone to these social networking sites.mobiles that they dont even think the impact of this on their relations....

    i think one should take some time at least once in a week for his.her family and keep away from mobiles, orkut,facebook......

    just relax man..after all we are human not machines...

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunu, I dont think that applies to us! Despite of being so far apart for almost two years now, we've managed to keep in touch on a daily basis. We did the best we could! NO? Co-incidence, this is the theme I used to use for my blog!

    DV> I dint know u blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me me me me !! .... i am listening....

    ReplyDelete